Our Name: carbon negative way of life
Cv̄ictus’s vision is ‘to be the most positively impactful company on the planet’ by using our two core technologies to produce very large volumes of clean energy and chemical feedstocks, and using methanol to ferment single cell protein that enables large scale reforestation. We see this as a ‘cause,’ not just a great business.
The combination of our Enhanced Hydrogen Recovery (EHR) technology and non-photosynthetic protein production helps solve three of the world's most difficult climate challenges.
Our low-cost, low-carbon syngas and hydrogen will help to decarbonize difficult industries (chemicals, energy, transportation) to replace oil and natural gas.
Our Enhanced Hydrogen Recovery technology is hugely scalable, providing a way for the US, Canada, and others, especially developing countries, to extract clean hydrogen from hydrocarbon resources and leave carbon in the ground.
Our Single Cell Protein will reduce the huge footprint and emissions of animal feed and help enable reforestation, removing gigatons of CO2 from the atmosphere.
The lowest cost platform for high value, carbon negative products.
Cvictus Enhanced Hydrogen Recovery (EHR) technology will provide not only the 'greenest blue' hydrogen, but liquid hydrogen carriers like ammonia and methanol, and ultimately single cell protein (SCP) which will offset the animal feed and forage destruction of global forests.
EHR can produce materials for essential products at much lower cost at massive scale in many locations around the world (India, China and many emerging markets) that lack other resources and can’t afford a green premium.
The combination of our non-photosynthetic protein production with our integrated process takes our clean energy products from ultra low CO2 to net negative through enabling the reestablishment of natural carbon sinks.
Cvictus’s leaders have built large companies and developed major projects.
Our CEO, Brett Wilcox, was founder and CEO of a large primary aluminum company and multiple energy and technology companies. Michael Blinderman, our Chief Technology Officer, is the inventor of Enhanced Hydrogen Recovery and the world’s foremost expert on underground gasification.
Our Clean Energy team has developed and operated numerous energy and industrial projects.
It includes experienced engineers and experts in all aspects of our operations—proven teams on UCG, industrial gases, geology, carbon sequestration in deep coal, and regulatory oversight.
Our Biotech team includes world experts on methylotrophic bacteria, continuous fermentation, single cell protein, and animal feed.
Our Trusted Advisors
Business & Biochemical
- previously Senior Managing Director of the US-China Green Fund, co-President and Director of the First Green Partners, Managing Director and Chief Science Advisor to Piper Jaffray, Chief Science Officer at Khosla Ventures and Director of Biotechnology at Cargill and acting CEO at several start-up companies.
Pietro Di Zanno
- technical and commercial expert on air separation, hydrogen, syngas production and cleanup, methanol, licensing and engineering contracts. Prior to forming his own company, Pietro was Director of Major Projects and Business Development at Air Liquide Global Engineering and Construction Solutions Canada, and Synfuels Commercialization Manager and Director of Chemical Conversions at Lurgi Inc.
- lead development of Pruteen for ICI, Agricultural Division, from laboratory studies right through to commissioning and commercial operations. Dr. Senior also initiated ICI’s interest in human food products and microbial production of PHB/ PHV. Previously was a founder and Research Director of Delta Biotechnology, and has his own consultancy working with major clients worldwide including bioethanol production, pharmaceutical facilities and environmental sciences.
CCUS & Energy
- Professor in the Department of Geoscience at the University of Calgary and holds the Ovintiv/Shell Chair in Unconventional Gas and Light Oil Research and Director of the Tight Oil Consortium. Research focuses on advanced reservoir characterization, and CO2 injection, simulation and enhanced recovery of oil and gas.
Energy & Canada
- highly successful entrepreneurial businessman with over four decades of experience in Western Canada. Previously the President, CEO, and Executive Chairman of Precision Drilling Corporation while he lead and grew the company into becoming one of the largest Oilfield Service Companies in the world. He continues to provide expertise is advisory roles to numerous Alberta Corporations as well as supporting early-stage energy production companies.
Resource & Exploration
- Professor and Devon Energy Chair of Basin Research at Oklahoma State University. Expertise includes sedimentary geology, coalbed methane, shale gas, geological carbon sinks, structural geology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, and basin analysis. Dr. Pashin has been integral to a number of unconventional resource and CO2 injection projects.
- Associate Dean of Research and a Full Professor appointed within the Faculty of Agricultural, Life & Environmental Sciences at the University of Alberta. Research focuses on the industrial application of chemical, thermal, and biological systems for the conversion of biomass into higher value materials, chemicals, and value-added commodities.
Climate & Energy
- attorney and consultant specializing in energy, climate change, carbon capture and sequestration, and coal gasification. He is on the Board of Directors of the Global Carbon Capture and Storage Institute and previously was President & CEO of the Summit Power Group.
- Senior Lecturer in the Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics at The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel. Dr. Rokem is the recognized authority on the group of bacteria that Cv̄ictus ferments to produce single cell protein. Research interests focus on the production of metabolites using bacteria, fungi and plant cells and uses of biotechnology for bioremediation and biofuels production.